What is required to register my child at Jennie Emery?

Registration forms can be found in the school office for Early Learning - Grade 4. A copy of your child's birth certificate/proof of citizenship is required for their cumulative file. Any additional questions can be answered in the school office or phone the school at 403-345-2403.

What is the in-town busing policy?

Dear Parents:

Palliser Regional School and the Town of Coaldale are collaborating and will again be offering an “in-town” bussing service for students, who are not eligible for funded transportation in Coaldale. This service will be provided for students enrolled in Kindergarten – Grade 8 only, commencing the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year.  This agreement covers students who presently attend Palliser Regional Schools and Holy Spirit Roman Catholic School Division.

Almost all students residing in Coaldale are deemed ineligible for transportation by Alberta Learning (i.e. they live within a 2.4 km radius from their designated school), and there is no provincial funding available. As a result, the bussing must be provided on a “fee for service” basis. The cost to parents has been set at $225.00 for the 2016-2017 school year.

To determine if your child is eligible for funded busing parents are to contact Palliser at (403) 380-2612.  If your child is not eligible for funded transportation contact the Town of Coaldale at (403) 345-1300 to register for the In-Town Busing Service. An application form must be filled out with information for each student with the $225.00 payment before a bus pass will be issued. Once payment has been made, your child’s information will be forwarded to Palliser Regional Schools and you will be contacted by Palliser with bus route information. 

The In-Town Busing service is limited to 80 students, and service will be granted on a first come first served basis.  Registrations will open on July 01, 2016 and be taken until all of the passes are sold for the 2016-17 school year.                         

Thank you for your continued support as the Town of Coaldale and Palliser Regional Schools provides transportation for K-8 students who live within 2.4 kilometers inside the town and attend Holy Spirit or Palliser Regional Schools.


 Wayne Braun

Corporate Treasurer, Palliser Regional Schools


Can my child ride the bus with a friend if they are not a regular bus student?

Request for Ride-A-Long form is required for any student wishing to ride on a non-regular school bus. This for can be found here or in the school office.This form must be signed by the parent of the child requesting to ride, as well as the principal. Forms can be e-mailed, faxed, or turned into the school office on or before the day the ride is being requested. 

What if my child requires medication at school?

If your child requires medication at school, a 'Request for School Assistance to Administer Medication' must be filled out. This form can be found here or in the office. The medication must be brought to the school in it's original container. Loose pills in a baggie cannot be accepted. Medications will be kept in the school office during school hours. No medications will be administered without the appropriate form.